Sometimes you want to watch TV but you can't find the remote control. This is especially the case with the Fire TV remote as it is quite small and can be out of sight in an instant. So if you've misplaced your Fire TV Stick remote and are looking for a temporary way to navigate your TV, don't worry. Here are several ways to control the Fire TV Stick without a remote. With that in mind, let's go ahead and explore all the options for managing Fire TV without WiFi or a remote in 2023.
Lost your Fire TV remote? Here Are the Solutions (2023)
We have mentioned solutions for all possible scenarios. If you lost your Fire TV remote and don't have WiFi at home, we have a solution for that too. All solutions can be found in the menu below.
table of Contents
Control the Fire TV Stick with your phone
1. If you lost your Fire TV remote, don't worry. You can easily browse and play content on your Fire TV with your smartphone. You needInstall the Amazon Fire TV app(Android/iOS— Free) and sign in to your Amazon account.
2. After login, your smartphone will automatically detect the TV. touch it. Remember, for this method to work, both your Fire TV and your smartphone should work.connected to a shared WiFi network.
3. You will now be prompted to enter the 4-digit code displayed on yourfire tv screen. Enter it and continue.
4. Finally, you will find an interface that is very similar to your Fire TV remote. You can open Settings, navigate with the navigation buttons, open Alexa, control the volume, and do just about anything you can do on the remote. That was pretty easy, wasn't it?
Use the Amazon Fire TV app without WiFi
If you don't have WiFi at home and still want to use the Fire TV app for remote browsing, you can do so by manually creating one.WLAN access point. For this configuration, you will havei need two smartphones- one to create a WiFi hotspot and one to use the Fire TV app.
1. First open the settings on the smartphone on which you want to create a WiFi hotspot. Now go to Wi-Fi & Network -> Hotspot & Tethering -> Wi-Fi Hotspot. Here change the access point name toexactly the same wifi networkyour Fire TV was previously connected.
2. likewisechange passwordthe same as the previous network. We'll make the settings identical to allow Fire TV to automatically connect to the Wi-Fi hotspot without user intervention.
3. After setting up the wifi hotspot, turn it on and turn it onrestart your tv. The TV should automatically connect to the newly created access point.
4. Go to another smartphone, connect it to the same WiFi hotspot and install itAmazon Fire TV app(Android/iOS— Free) and sign in to your Amazon account. Now your Fire TV will be scanned and recognized in the app.
5. Now tap on it, enter the code displayed on your TV and there you have it. Cannavigate and do everythingjust like your lost Fire TV remote.
Use Alexa to Control Fire TV Stick Remotely
1. If you have an Alexa-enabled speaker in your home, you can use it to play content on your Fire TV. Just say "Alexa, reproduce X en mi Fire TV' and will obediently carry out your instructions. you can find all kindsalexa commandsvia our linked article. And if you have the upcoming Alexa Voice Remote Pro, you can ask Alexa to find your remote. Just say "Alexa, find my remote" and the remote will beep for 5 minutes.
2. Remember, for this to work, both your Fire TV remote and Alexa speaker need to be registered withsame amazon account.
Control the Fire TV Stick with your TV remote
Not many know this, but you can actually use your own.TV remote to control the Fire TV Stick. Yes, you heard right. TVs these days come with something calledHDMI-CEC functionThis allows multiple devices connected via HDMI to communicate with each other. When you press a button on your TV remote, the instructions are transmitted to the Fire TV using the HDMI-CEC protocol.
So, in short, you can use your TV remote to navigate and use many of the menus on your Fire TV. Not all keyboard shortcuts and key combinations (e.g. broadcast) are supported, but arecan do all the basic thingsin case you lost your Fire TV remote.
Use keyboard and mouse to control Fire TV Stick
If none of the above methods worked for you due to lack of Wi-Fi, additional smartphone or TV remote, connect your computer keyboard and mouse to the Fire TV. You can connect wired and wireless keyboards and mice to your TV and it will work just fine. You may need to buy a micro-USB splitter from Amazon ($6), since Fire TV Sticks come with only one micro-USB port.
Use a Fire TV Stick remote control viejo
If you've used a Fire TV Stick in the past, you may have an old Fire TV Stick remote lying around. Fortunately, you can pair any Fire TV Stick remote with your Stick, even if it's an older generation.
Depending on the generation of the remote, the method of pairing it with your Fire TV Stick may differ. On the official Amazon support page (visit).
Buy a new remote
If you lost your Fire TV remote and nothing seems to work for you, you have no choice but to buy a new Fire TV remote. You can buy the first-generation Alexa voice remote on Amazon (29,99 $). EsCompatible with all Fire TV devices— starting with 1st through 3rd generation models. So go ahead and grab this TV remote. if you are looking for oneCheapest Fire Stick Replacement RemoteThen check our linked article and you will find many options.
Q. What do I do if I lose my Fire Stick remote?
You can install the Amazon Fire TV app on your smartphone and navigate the Fire Stick without the need for a remote. You can follow our instructions above to learn how to set up the app and Fire Stick.
Q. Can I use my Fire Stick without a remote?
Yes, there are several ways to use the Fire Stick without a remote. You can refer to our guide above for more information on all the methods.
Q. Do you need WiFi for Amazon Fire TV to work?
Yes, you need WiFi for Amazon Fire TV to work. If you don't have a home WiFi network, you can create a hotspot on another smartphone and create a shared network. Follow our second method to learn more about the process in detail.
Q. Can I replace my Fire TV remote?
Yes, there are several Fire TV remote replacements available. Just check out our last section and you'll also find Amazon and third-party remotes.
Q. How do I connect a new Fire Stick remote without my old one?
First, you'll need to set up the Amazon Fire TV app in order to have browsing access to your Fire Stick. After that, go to Settings → Bluetooth Remotes and Devices → Amazon Fire TV Remotes → Add New Remote. Now press and hold the "Home" button on the new remote for 10 seconds and it will pair with the Fire Stick.
Q. Do all Fire Stick remotes work on any Fire Stick?
No, only the 1st generation Fire Stick Remote is compatible with all models, including 1st, 2nd and 3rd generation Fire TV Sticks. Amazon only offers backwards compatibility for the first generation remote to work on all new Fire TV Sticks. If you choose the 2nd Generation Fire TV Remote, it is only compatible with 2nd and 3rd Generation Fire TV Sticks.
Q. Can Alexa find my Fire Stick remote?
Yes, Alexa can find your Fire Stick remote, but you must have the new Alexa Voice Remote Pro. Just say "Alexa, find my remote." The remote control will ring for 5 minutes until you press any of its buttons. Please note that the remote and the Alexa device must be registered to the same Amazon account.
Learn how to control the Fire Stick without a remote
Here are some of the ways you can control and manage a Fire TV Stick without a remote in 2023. For most users, the Amazon Fire TV app would be more than enough, but you'll need a shared WiFi network for smooth browsing. Anyway, that's all from us. If you encounter any issues, please comment below and let us know. We will certainly try to help you. Also, don't forget to read our article onFire TV frente a Android TVto check if you should keep your device or if it's time to move on.