AmazonasThe Fire TV Stick connected us to TVs and made them smart. We can stream the latest OTT series, watch YouTube content and much more.
The whole family now depends on him for entertainment. The Fire TV Stick's remote control is handy and small. If it is used frequently, it usually gets stuck between the sofa cushions or stored in some corner.
What if you lose your Firestick and forget where you put it? Have you tried looking for it everywhere? you probably havelost fire tv stick remote control.
If you're in this state, there are easier ways to use your Fire TV Stick without the remote.
- Lost your Fire TV remote? What to do?
- 1. Control the Fire TV Stick with your smartphone
- 2. Control the Fire TV Stick with your TV remote
- 3. Use the Amazon Fire TV app without WiFi
- 4. Navigate the Fire TV Stick with Alexa
- 5. Use keyboard and mouse to control the Fire TV Stick
- 6. Use an old Fire TV Stick remote
- 7. Get a replacement FireTv Stick remote control
- frequently asked questions
- 1. I lost my Fire TV Stick remote; what to do?
- 2. How do I use Fire TV Stick without a remote?
- 3. Will the old Fire TV remote work with the new Fire TV Stick?
- 4. Can we replace the Fire TV remote with a new one?
- 5. How do I pair an old Fire TV remote with a new Fire TV Stick?
- 6. Does Fire TV Stick require Wi-Fi?
Lost your Fire TV remote? What to do?
Since you lost your Firestick remote, we control Fire TV Stick without remote using different methods including the one without the needW-lan.
Let's go through each of them one by one and learn howFire Stick controller without remote control.
1. Control the Fire TV Stick with your smartphone
If you keep forgetting your Firestick remote, this solution is for you.
Amazon has thought of scenarios without a remote control and has developed a remote app for Fire TV that is available for all major smartphone operating systems.
Checklist before proceeding
- Make sure your Fire Stick and smartphone/device are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- The TV and Fire TV Stick will remain on during the process.
- Sign in to the associated Amazon account for the remote app to work.
1. If you can't find your Fire TV Stick Remote, install the Fire TV Remote App available forAndroideiOS. Install the one that applies to your device.
2. Launch the app on your phone and your Fire Stick should appear in the detection list. If the Fire Stick doesn't show up, try resetting it by turning it off and on again.
3. A 4-digit code will appear on the Fire TV screen that you must enter into the app to register the remote app with the Fire Stick.
Enter the code and your Fire TV app will pair with the Fire TV Stick connected to the TV. The interface is similar to the button layout on the Fire TV Stick remote.
You can open settings, go to the home screen, fast forward and rewind and open your apps directly without needing a remote control.
The best thing about the Fire TV Remote app is the keyboard. Tapping on the Fire TV Stick with the remote is a tedious task. The app makes it incredibly easy to type anything using your device's keyboard.
With the new update, the app also has a notification bar control. With it, you can control the Fire TV Stick without opening the app within the app.
2. Control the Fire TV Stick with your TV remote
monitoring- Does not apply to older Fire TV Sticks with Bluetooth remote control.
Most modern televisions are equipped with remote controls that are enabled for the HDMI-CEC protocol. The protocol essentially lets you control multiple devices with a single remote control. You can control the Fire TV Stick withTVRemote control by normal button presses.
You can use the remote control for navigation and primary functions. Don't expect Alexa and special shortcuts to work with your basic TV remote.
3. Use the Amazon Fire TV app without WiFi
If you don't have WiFi and you're using your Fire TV Stick over a hotspot, there's a smart way to use the Remote app on your Fire TV Stick.
This is also useful if your WiFi is down during the day and you miss the remote control. Let's keep this scenario in mind and find an easy-to-use Fire TV Stick without a remote control via mobile internet.
To do this, you need two different smartphones - one for the Fire TV app and one for creating an internet hotspot.
1. First we need to create a hotspot on your smartphone#1.
- For Android
- Go to Settings > Hotspot & tethering > Turn on Wi-Fi hotspot.
– Set the hotspot like wifi name and password. This is how the Fire TV Stick connects, thinking of the same WiFi router.
- for iOS
- Go to Settings > Cellular > Personal > Personal Hotspot or Settings > Personal Hotspot
2. After enabling Wi-Fi hotspot on your phone, go to Network on Fire TV Stick to confirm the network is connected.
3. Now launch the Fire TV app on your phone and you will see the remote connected to the Fire TV Stick.
4. Navigate the Fire TV Stick with Alexa
Any Alexa-enabled speaker can stream content from your Fire TV Stick. Just say, "Alexa, play X from Netflix on my Fire TV"and the content is broadcast on television.
Don't forget to connect both devices to the same account. Also, make sure your speakers and Fire TV Stick are on the same WiFi/Internet network.
5. Use keyboard and mouse to control the Fire TV Stick
Few know that you can use wired/wireless keyboard and mouse to control Fire TV Stick. While it has its caveats, the functionality will suffice as a workaround.
In the case of the cable, you'll need a micro-USB splitter to connect the keyboard and mouse to the Fire TV Stick. you can take them offAmazonasfor less than $7, which you plug into the stick's single micro-USB port.
If you have a wireless keyboard and mouse, you can pair them to the Fire TV Stick like you would other Bluetooth devices.
6. Use an old Fire TV Stick remote
Remote control for older Fire TV Stick remotes on newer versions works fine. You can borrow them from friends or family if they have one laying around.
Turn on the Fire TV Stick and the TV, then press the Home button for at least 20 seconds to connect. For information on using Fire TV Stick remotes, see Amazon's official support guidea detailed explanationabout how to proceed.
7. Get a replacement FireTv Stick remote control
You've probably tried every method and nothing worked for you. Now if you want to know how to get a replacement remote for a Fire TV Stick, you can get it from Amazon.
Just search for the FireTV Stick remote on Amazon and you will see several sellers selling them. Make sure the remote control is compatible with your model, check reviews and order online.
frequently asked questions
1. I lost my Fire TV Stick remote; what to do?
Just install the Fire TV app on your smartphone or device. Pair the Fire TV Stick with it and you can use it to control everything on your TV. Check out the first method we discussed in this article.
Remember to connect your smartphone and Fire TV Stick to the same WiFi/Internet connection for this to work.
2. How do I use Fire TV Stick without a remote?
There are two easy ways to use a Fire Stick without needing a remote. The first is via the official app that we talked about earlier. The second option is to use an old Fire TV remote that works with most generations currently available.
A third wildcard input via the TV remote is far-fetched, but worth a try.
3. Will the old Fire TV remote work with the new Fire TV Stick?
It will definitely work with the new Fire TV Stick. The default method is to press the home button for 20 seconds to pair with the Fire TV Stick. You can also refer to the guide we linked in the last section of the tutorial.
4. Can we replace the Fire TV remote with a new one?
The answer is YES, and you can easily replace your Fire TV remote with a new one. You can buy an official new one or go for the third-party remotes that usually cost half as much.
Before ordering, please make sure your old remote control was infrared or bluetooth remote control.
5. How do I pair an old Fire TV remote with a new Fire TV Stick?
The home button method of holding down for 20 seconds usually works without problems. If things don't go as planned, you'll need to open the Amazon Fire TV app on your phone to access the settings.
Then go straight to Settings > Bluetooth Controllers and Devices > Amazon Fire TV Remote and press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds to pair the remote.
6. Does Fire TV Stick require Wi-Fi?
Fire TV Stick requires internet and does not require a Wi-Fi connection for the device to work. You can create a portable hotspot and connect the Fire TV Stick.
The streaming quality depends on your internet speed. A minimum of 2Mbps and more constant download ensures a seamless experience.
In short, this is what you do when you lose your Fire TV Stick remote. There are several ways to use a Fire TV Stick without a remote. Start with the smartphone app before moving on to other viable options.